Latin American Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (LACIAM)
The School of Applied Mathematics of the Getulio Vargas Foundation – FGV EMAp and the Brazilian Society for Computational and Applied Mathematics – SBMAC, with the support of Scientific Societies and Research Centers from Latin America, are organizing the Latin American Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (LACIAM). The meeting will be held from January 30th to February 3rd 2023, at FGV, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The aim of the meeting is to bring together researchers and graduate students, mainly from Latin American countries, linked to the region and also experts from other parts of the world, working in Applied and Industrial Mathematics, and related topics. Our goal is to create a forum for discussion of the recent developments in the field in Latin American and abroad, and to encourage the creation of new partnerships between the participating researchers and research groups.
The one-week program will include conferences, minicourses, special sessions, poster presentations and discussion panels. A preliminary program is posted on the event website. Confirmed activities are listed below.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Alberto Paccanaro, FGV EMAp, Brazil
- Alvaro Jose Riascos Villegas, Universidad de los Andes & Quantil, Colombia
- André Luiz Diniz, CEPEL – Centro de Pesquisas de Energia Elétrica, Brazil
- Claudia D’Ambrosio, CNRS & LIX – Ecole Polytechnique, France
- José Luis Aragón Vera, Centro de Física Aplicada y Tecnología Avanzada, UNAM, Mexico
- Juan Carlos De Los Reyes, Centro de Modelización Matemática (MODEMAT), Escuela Politécnica Nacional, Ecuador
- Maya Stein, Center for Mathematical Modeling, Universidad de Chile, Chile
- Ruben Spies, Instituto de Matemática Aplicada del Litoral (IMAL) & CONICET, Argentina
- Soledad Villar, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Susana Gómez Gómez, Instituto de Matemáticas Aplicadas y Sistemas, UNAM, MexicoWil Schilders, TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Confirmed minicourses by:
- Ana Shirley Ferreira da Silva, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brazil
- Christian Vergara, LABS – Dipartimento di Chimica, Materiali e Ingegneria Chimica “Giulio Natta” – Politecnico di Milano – Italy
Additionally, calls for special sessions and for abstract for poster presentations are open. See details: https://eventos.fgv.br/laciam-2023/sessions-posters
The organization may fund the accommodation of up to one participant per approved session and of a limited number of participants of the poster session with approved abstracts. See details: https://eventos.fgv.br/laciam-2023/sessions-posters
The online registration system will open in August 2022. Prices and dates are exhibited on the website.
Members of SBMAC (Brazil), ASAMACI (Argentina), SCM (Colombia), SEdeM (Ecuador), SMP (Paraguay) and SPMAC (Peru) have discounted prices.
Updated information is regularly published in the conference website: https://eventos.fgv.br/laciam-2023